AHTN provides emergency overnight shelter for adults 18 and over when the below temperature criteria is met and all volunteer shelter positions are staffed. The Code Blue season runs from December 1st through March 31st.
Click here for video: Volunteers with the Woodside Church in Lower Makefield serve hot meals and provide shelter for the homeless Tuesday, Jan. 5, 2016, during the 2015-2016 season of Code Blue. (Video by Kim Weimer, Bucks County Courier Times)
AHTN Code Blue FAQ
- Code Blue open/close status can be determined by 12:00pm each day during December, January, February, and March by visiting www.ahtn.org or calling 215-550-3868 x100.
- Guests welcome after 9:00pm.
- Anyone over 18 welcome*, no I.D. required.
- Admission includes brief Intake Process and access to our Resource Table.
- Guests are required to sign and comply with our Code Blue Guest Guidelines. Click here to read the Guidelines now.
- Guests will be given clean bedding during Intake. It will be stored for them until their next visit, separate from other guests’ bedding. No outside bedding allowed.
- Guests will wake at 5:45am and must depart by 6:30am, either by own transportation or AHTN bus. Click here for AHTN Code Blue Bus Stops.
*Adults over 18 years old allowed in the Lower Bucks Code Blue Overnight Shelter. Any young person, ages 6-17, experiencing homelessness or housing instability in Pennsylvania, please visit https://www.valleyyouthhouse.org/programs/emergency-shelter/bucks-county-shelter/ for information on local Emergency Shelter through Valley Youth House.
2016-2017 Code Blue Locations
December 1 – January 2:
Emmaus Road Lutheran Church
2185 Bristol Oxford Valley Road
Levittown, PA 19057
Emmaus Road Lutheran Church Website
January 3 – January 31:
Shelter entrance is through the front door.
1667 Edgewood Road
Yardley, PA 19067
Woodside Church Website
February 1 – February 29:
Calvary Baptist Church
250 Green Lane
Bristol, PA 19007
Calvary Baptist Church Website
March 1 – March 31:
Emilie United Methodist Church
7300 New Falls Road
Levittown, PA 19055
Emilie United Methodist Church Website