CODE BLUE GUEST GUIDELINES
In order to ensure that everyone has a positive experience, we ask that you follow these guidelines.
- The shelter will be open for guests no earlier than 9:00 pm. Please do not arrive prior to 9:00 p.m.
- Exterior building doors are locked at 11 pm. All guests must be at the shelter by 11:00 pm.
- NO BEVERAGES OF ANY KIND PERMITTED ON BUS OR BROUGHT IN TO SHELTER.
- The shelter is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Clothing – Appropriate attire must be worn at all times.
- Drugs/Alcohol – Absolutely no non-prescribed drugs or alcohol are to be consumed or stored on or off shelter grounds by any guest. If found, items will be confiscated. Police will be called if necessary.
- Behavior that threatens the safety of other guests or volunteers fueled by alcohol or drugs will be grounds for immediate dismissal, and you will be asked to leave. Police will be called if necessary.
- Harassment – No threats or acts of violence will be tolerated in any way. Any attempt to impose your will on another will be considered an act of violence. Harassment in any form (whether it is verbal, physical, emotional, mental or sexual) will not be tolerated, nor will aggressive or intimidating behavior of any kind be tolerated. Police will be called if necessary.
- Lights Out – Lights out is at 11:00 p.m. and all guests are to stay in the sleeping area. If for any reason you have to leave the building, you have forfeited your right to stay the night.
- Personal Storage –You are responsible for your personal items. Minimal amount is permitted
- Pets – No pets of any kind in building or on church property.
- Public Areas – Shelter guests must remain in designated areas only. Any violation will be grounds for dismissal.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the building. Designated smoking areas will be provided. No smoking 11:00 p.m. – 5:30 a.m.
- Stealing – Stealing will result in being banned from the shelter, and restoration will be at the discretion of the shelter. Thefts may become a police matter.
- Weapons – No weapons of any kind are allowed on church property.
- AHTN Shelter Hosts will wake you at 5:45am to be ready to promptly leave the church shelter by 6:30 am.
- If you have been in hospital recently or under a doctor’s care you MUST have a letter stating you are not contagious. This must be on hospital or doctor letterhead and signed.
I understand that failure to do so may result in my being asked to leave the building and grounds.
I understand and agree to follow all rules of this Code Blue Shelter listed and those verbally communicated by volunteers.